Following a server reboot or whenever you are noticing updates not making it to and from the site, restarting your VPN service could resolve those issues.
- Log into your CounterPoint server (Not to be confused with a workstation with CounterPoint)
- Go to the start menu and search for "services.msc"
- Find the OpenVPNService, select it, and stop the service
- Open the control panel and navigate to "Network and Sharing Center"
- Go to "Change adapter Settings"
- Go to the TAP-Windows Adapter V9 and select disable, then wait 10 to 15 seconds.
- After waiting, then re-enable it.
- Go back to services, and start the OpenVPN service.
- Make sure the OpenVPN Service Startup Type is set as Automatic (Delayed) if it is not set.
- Right Click the "TAP-Windows Adapter V9 and click on "Status"
- Select Details
Seeing "No network access" is normal and expected. This is NOT where you will see the VPN IPv4 address.
- If the VPN is back up the IPv4 Address should be in the form of 10.8.0.XX, such as 10.8.0.6
- If the IP address is not present, please contact CP-Commerce Support
- Make sure the OpenVPN GUI is off as shown here: .
- If it is on, it will have a green screen as shown here:
- If you are not seeing a 10.8.0.XX address under Details:
- Stop the VPN service.
- Turn the TAP adapter off and then on.
- Start the VPN service.